Tuesday, October 28, 2008

This is scary.

Okay, so on Sunday night about 10:00 p.m. Lacey calls me into her room and says "Mom, please make sure all of the doors are locked, I think I heard something outside of my window." She is a little paranoid since we were broken into when we lived above Dover, so I usually give into this bit of paranoia and double check the locks, and the wind was blowing, so I just chalked the noise up to the crape myrtle bush outside of her window scratching on her screen. I go into the bedroom, get ready for bed, and then go into the kitchen to put the remaining dishes into the diswasher. The dogs were in their bed in the kitchen corner as usual, sleeping. I got the dishes done,and then turned off the light and headed to bed. Our older dog, Daisy started barking. I was like "Hush, Daisy!!!" , but she did it again and again. I was a little bit perterbed, but she finally stopped, and I settled into bed to read my book. About 10 minutes afterward, Cailem comes in the bedroom and says "Kim, you have to get your clothes on and come out the front. The cops are shining spotlights in this area again, and they are at Liz's(our neighbor across the street) house talking to her. Needless to say, I get dressed and go out looking just beautiful with no makeup and hair already messed up from laying down for a bit, in a hurry. I got outside just in time to call Liz to make sure she was okay. She said that she had heard someone outside her house and then heard some glass break, so she called the cops, but that they had walked around the perimeter of her house, and all looked safe. So, the cops left. The other neighbors had came out of their houses also, and Jacob, a 19 year old neighbor, took off around the house to do a double check. As he reached the corner of Liz's yard where the porch light did not hit, he spots this guy and they take off running. Anyway, the guy got away. The cops searched for about an hour, to no avail. So now, we have a black guy going around our neighborhood dressed in black peeping in people's windows and now trying to break in..... needless to say, Lacey had a hard time sleeping last night. Please everyone say a prayer that they catch him, so that we can all get back to normal again and feel safe and sound in our own homes. The question I keep asking myself was "What if that guy was at my back sliding door watching me do the dishes?" - this is my scary thought for the day. Hope you all have a great day guys-- and watch out for black guys in black outfits in the black of night.

1 comment:

Melissa McCrotty said...

Hey Kim! Love your blog! Thanks for your compliments on my photography, I would love to take pictures of your girls, shoot me an email sometimme!