Wednesday, October 8, 2008

What a Crazy Life

Hey everyone!!! Sorry that I dont have any photos up yet, but I will get them up as soon as I get a chance. Things are crazy here at the Hon Household lately, as the seasons are changing and moods change with the seasons. lol. We are all doing pretty well.. I am still going to college and working, but my work has changed. Still doing the social work/ psychotherapy thing, but my boss from Daysprings went out on her own, and I went with her, so the stress is virtually null and void compared to what it was. I do all of her billing and am learning a lot that I can use in my practice when I finally get out of school(whenever that is. lol..)
Lacey is getting older everyday, and she is now a teenager. This killed me when it finally happened, but then sometimes I look at her and can still see the cute little one whose grin could melt an iceberg. I am constantly reminded when I look at her to take all of the time that I can get with her, as I dont have very long that she will actually want to be around me.
I had to take her to the doctor yesterday, as she had some spots come up on her shoulder over the weekend. Staph has been going around the Jr. High, and I was like "OH NO!!!!" Luckily, it was just a case of shingles...... What in the world... I thought that Shingles was for old people, but apparently I was wrong. They can affect anyone who has had the chicken pox, and anyone who has not can contract chicken pox from Lacey... is that messed up or what?
She is in a lot of pain, but still able to go to school and still able to practice off season basketball. She is glad of this, since tryouts are next week, and she is really hoping she makes it. I am so lucky that she tries out for things. She tried out for cheerleading and drill team, but didn't make either one of them, but she kept on and didn't let it get her down. If I have taught her nothing else, at least I know that I have helped her with that.
That is always such a scary thing, hoping that you are teaching your kids right. To be honest with you, it scares me to death to think that one day she will have to be out there on her own and go off of what I have taught her. I hope that I have done a good job, as I have certainly tried very hard. I guess I will just have to wait and see. Hope you are all doing good and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kim

No comments: